Friday, June 20, 2008

New Mountain Biking

I just moved from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Alexandria, Virginia.  Although I'm still working with the same company, it's a totally different place and making friends can be a hard start at first.

Tulsa wasn't an amazing city of outdoors people and biking to work... although they did have quite a bit to offer, it wasn't like the bike friendly community that Alexandria is.  

But, finding friends in the workplace that have similar hobbies is a crap shoot.

I lucked out.  I found a guy I work with that scuba dives, mountain bikes, does 24 hour adventure races, rock climbs... this guy does it all!  And he's from Delaware (I grew up there) too!

That's all I wanted to say for now.  Just an update on moving and trying to fit in.  Where are my usual friends?  They need to move out here...

Oh, and we sold Jenni's bike.  The FSR.  Yeah, she gave mountain biking a shot but she really would feel more comfortable on a cruiser.  That blue and red Bianchi Milan looks pretty good...

No comments: