Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mountain Biking in the DC Area

I just moved here about a week and a half ago, but I already want to get out there and hit the trails.  I have no idea where they are though!


Maybe to just satisfy my biking itch, I'll ride with my brother when we go visit for the 4th.  We may spend the night so that would be fun.  


There are some trails around the Newark, DE area that aren't too bad.  And I heard the skills trail at Middle Run (?) have been totally built up.


But everybody around here in Alexandria ride their bikes so whenever I see them out, it makes me want to get on my bike!


A Specialized Epic may not be totally made for commuting, but it's got gears and a saddle, I'm sure it will be just fine.  I do need to do some work to it though, I think I need a brake adjustment, maybe just some new pads...


Like I mentioned before, I met a guy at work that seems really into cycling and has like 5 or 6 bikes.  Oh boy!  Don't get me excited!  Although, even if I really wanted to, I probably can't get any more bikes unless I have a real way to store them.


Have you guys cycled around the DC area? Or around northeast virginia?  I'm sure I'll find something soon!

No comments: