Monday, January 14, 2008

Oh so dirty...

Yeah, my bike is pretty dirty right now.  Oh, and now, I didn't get to ride yesterday, I'm sorry...

But how do you guys/gals clean your bike?

For my chain, I use the Park Tool Chain Gang chain cleaner.  I think it's a pretty nice way to clean my chain and it looks so smooth afterwards!

For the degreaser, I've been using some Pedro's citrus degreaser and it works really well.  Plus I love the smell of oranges!

To lube my chain up after it's all clean, I got some White Lightning Lube but it's actually more waxy I've noticed.  It works well to repel the water and mud or dirt.  I'm happy with it.  It gets the chain flowing nicely.

Now, for cleaning the bike itself, I don't have a really special process, but I did buy one of those pesticide sprayer things, you know, the one you pump and then spray the wand around?

Well, I fill it with water, then soft spray all the chunks of dirt or mud off the big, then use this really soft brush I got for a car at Walmart and brush away the rest of the dirt and spray again, then air dry and dry with a towel.

It gets a decent shine out of it.  

Since I need to clean it, maybe I'll post some pics, but it's getting cold now and it's dark when I get off work... we'll see!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmmm.... i wouldn't use a pesticide pump to clean your bike... you should only pour water on it not spray...