Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bike, Blogs, Beginnings.















I made this blog to help me get back on the saddle.  Things have gotten busy, and the weather has gotten cold, but that doesn't mean you can't bike.

Heck, I even got some knee warmers for Christmas so I could talk myself into riding more!

Some things I hope to accomplish through this blog.

- I want to start bike commuting to work.
I work about 8 or 9 miles away, and I can ride almost the whole way on a paved sidewalk along the Arkansas River.

- I would like to get back into shape and lose some weight.
Do not confuse this with some new years resolution!

- I would like to make some new friendships through mountain biking and strengthen some old ones.
Being busy, I have unfortunately some dear riding friends and I hate to disappoint.

Well, that's about it!

Why do you ride?

I ride mostly for enjoyment.  Forget the exercise.  I just love blasting through some singletrack and pumping my legs to get up some root covered hill.  Getting some dirt thrown in your face as you race a friend.  Creek crossings that cool you off.  

It's that feel good feeling.

I miss it more than I can even know.  I see my bike, hanging on the wall.  I don't want to become a Seinfeld.  Maybe tomorrow.  Maybe tomorrow I'll go.

No, I really think I will!  

Ok, it's late.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: