Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What a bust! Well almost...

Ok, so the Womble didn't turn out quite like I expected. There was 4-5 inches of snow on most of the trail that just made it very unrideable.

We usually ride about 9 miles on Friday, 19 on Saturday, and 8 on Sunday, but I only rode the Friday ride. I got back in the dark, feet soaked and numb.

I've never been that cold in my life! But I knew soon I would be back at camp so that was enough for me!

Relaxing around the fire and sleeping in was just perfect! I also got to enjoy some coffee I brought from DoubleShot. Everyone else also mentioned how much they enjoyed my coffee!

But I do feel cheated that I didn't get those big miles under my tires that I usually do. I was looking forward to stretching my legs because the wife didn't come this time!

The Epic was ready to roar! I got Suzy, oh, that's what I call her, Suzy Specialized Epic, all cleaned up the night before... chain degreased and relubed... but now it's in worse condition. I plan on getting it ready tonight.

The weather this week is pretty sweet so I'm going to try and ride with some friends. If the rain holds off on Thursday, I'll try out a new trail at Chandler Park with a coworker.

I've downloaded a few mountain biking podcasts and some have gone stale however. I need to find a good one that is updated regularly, preferably an audio podcast. Do you recommend one?

Anyway, I shot some footage of the trip, not of the ride, so it will probably be boring, but I'll post it anyway.


No comments: