Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pedal-less and Butt Broken...

While riding yesterday, getting ready for the race on Sunday, I took a spill. It was pretty bad, but only because I landed on a pointy rock right on my lower back/upper butt.

I laid there in the trail, too much in pain to move if anyone came. Luckily it only hurt really bad for about a minute. Then I was able to stand up.

After I got back on my feet and inspected my bike, I decided to finish the ride. But, after riding just a few feet, I noticed my left crank arm felt loose.

Great.

Well, you can guess what happened. I walked a few miles out of Turkey Mountain. Good thing was that my back seemed to stop hurting.

Last night, I just tossed and turned all night. I couldn't get comfortable at all. And all day today, I've been limping and walking around funny.

During my lunch break, I dropped the Epic off at T-Town and they are going to do a full overhaul to get me ready for the race. I just hope my body is ready!

No comments: